Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hold on to the Promises

It's me again, and yes, you're reading this right, I'm posting 2 days in a row! I can hardly believe it myself.  This post isn't gonna be about fashion or DIY projects. I'm actually gonna get serious and release my inner feelings. I apologize in advance if this doesn't make any sense in the end ;) As my first year of college is wrapping up, I've been reflecting on the changes in my life lately. Boy has there been a lot of them too :) There's been moments where I didn't think I was even going to make it this far in college, and moments where I could hardly contain myself with all the excitement in my life! Should we start from the beginning? Alright :)
The first week of college was the worst week of my life. Horrifying actually. I didn't eat all week. No one had the same morals and values as me. I was extremely lonely. I would literally lay in the shower and cry for hours. I couldn't even talk on the phone, it would just result in a conversation of tears.  I couldn't wait to get homework so I could focus all of my attention into becoming a perfect interior designer in every single way. As the first week went by I didn't think I would make it this far. Until a couple of things happened.        
One night while I was getting ready for bed my aunt called because she knew I was struggling. For the life of me I couldn't answer that phone call, knowing I would just cry the whole time. I ignored the call and texted my aunt saying I wasn't emotionally able to chat. She responded with this:

Ok, FINE!! Just want you to know that I believe in YOU!  You can do this!  You've been away from your family before & your best friends are only a phone call away. New things are a good thing...new adventure.  You will be just fine....You are Katie May Pieper!!!        :)          


I knew I had to pull myself together and that this was God's way of saying I wasn't alone. 

As the weeks went by, I quickly started making friends, and noticing God's hands at work. That is, until finals came around. My desire to be perfect took over my life. In 2 short weeks I was so focused on becoming the best that I hardly slept and didn't even realize that I lost 10 pounds. I was literally going insane! (I even forgot to wear a bra to class one day!) I was so relieved when Christmas break came around so I didn't have to think or compete with anyone.

Surprisingly, when second semester was to start I was ready to go back! (Obviously by the grace of God!) I went into class knowing that I had to take care of myself and finally realizing that no one is perfect in life. 

Since then, blessings have been pouring into my life, becoming apart of a sorority, mentoring teen girls, internship opportunities and creating countless relationships within the industry. I've learned lots in college about myself, my friends, my faith and the constant love and support of family. If there's one thing I can say about college, Hold On To The Promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment